Cayman Time

Cayman Blog from The Reef Resort in Grand Cayman

Sneak preview of our new website

It’s been very quiet on the blog front for some time now for us here at The Reef. OddBlog is now living in the North of England and very busy with the “good old” BBC. Coolbeans has taken the brave leap of moving to Calgary to go to University. What is it with these folks and cold weather ? :)

Anyway, in addition to key members of our team spreading to the ends of the earth (or at least Manchester !), we are also working feverishly behind the scenes on our brand new website. I’d love to give an exact date for the launch, but “soon come” is close enough !

In the meantime, we just finished an ad layout for a future issue of Caribbean Travel and Life magazine. The editors there LOVE The Reef, but we also like the magazine, hence we have decided to advertise with them next year.

The new ad gives a preview of the “look” of our new website, tell us what you think !

7 Comments

1. Anonymous
    Posted November 8, 2006 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Great ad, but you may want to be grammatically correct and add the word “as” to the phrase “as well…” ;^D

2. Joann Rafalko, RN, CNOR
    Posted November 10, 2006 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Agree with “anonymous” or, use a “period” after the word well and then a capital “M” to begin another sentence with “More”….

3. Joann Rafalko, RN, CNOR
    Posted November 10, 2006 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Checked the ad again… “Anonymous” is correct…the ” – ” and the “and” at the end of the statement cancels out beginning another sentence with the word more….

Add the word “as” to make it correct…

4. Anonymous
    Posted November 12, 2006 at 5:06 am | Permalink

Since you asked – I would drop the 1600 feet from the ad. While you may know that 1600 feet is lots of beach those from less tropical destinations might/would not appreciate that 1600 is actually quite a bit. My initial reaction would be that it is quite small because it’s not visual.

5. Anonymous
    Posted November 13, 2006 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

I think the 1600 feet should stay. It is MUCH larger than most resorts.

6. jeff.
    Posted November 14, 2006 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

maybe instead of 1600 ft it should be “over a quarter mile”?

i wonder if this is the type of feedback they were expecting?

7. Anonymous
    Posted December 25, 2006 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

I just returned (December ’06) from the Reef Resort and loved the experience. In terms of the ad – if you still want feedback – I really like the graphics and the feel of it. I think it is an exaggeration to say that RR has all the activities of a full service resort – and the floodlit tennis courts are not first class. I am not complaining about these things – I didn’t want them – but if you advertise that way I think you are setting up people for disappointment. I think it is a plus that it is a laid back place with almost no planned activities – but plenty of chance for great snorkeling, scuba etc.
    In fact I would suggest you add something about “away from the bustle of Seven Mile Beach” – something that will allow you to attract people who want what you have – and not those who want what you don’t have.